- • Iringa Town
- • Old Msembe Bandas
- • Great Ruaha River
• Ruaha National Park/Dar es Salaam
Ruaha National Park is the largest national park in Tanzania. The addition of the Usangu Game Reserve and other important wetlands to the park in 2008 increased its size to about 20,226 square kilometers (7,809 sq mi), making it a candidate for one of the largest national parks in Africa.
The park is situated in central Tanzania between Latitudes 7° and 8° S and Longitudes 34° and 35° E about 130 kilometers (81 mi) west of Iringa. The park is a part of the 45,000 square kilometers (17,000 sq mi) Rungwa-Kizigo-Muhesi ecosystem , which includes Rungwa Game Reserve, Kizigo and Muhesi Game Reserves, the Mbomipa Wildlife Management Area, and several other protected areas.
The name of the park is derived from the Great Ruaha River, which flows along its southeastern margin and is the focus for game-viewing. The park can be reached by car on a dirt road from Iringa and there are two airstrips - Msembe airstrip at Msembe (park headquarters), and Jongomeru Airstrip, near the Jongomeru Ranger Post.
3DAYS/2 NIGHT –RUAHA NATIONAL PARK SAFARI
Day 1: Iringa Town/Ruaha National Park
Morning after breakfast, pick clients from the place of staying in Iringa Town and departs to Ruaha National Park with stopover in Iringa Town for lunch and there after proceed into the park and arrive late afternoon for short game viewing drive in the park. Ruaha National Park is one of the few Tanzania's famous wilderness area where one can have a rare experience of game viewing spiced up by the fascinating landscape. The park is rich of plants and animals such as Greater Kudu, which cannot be found in any other national park. The park boasts of her almost untouched and unexplored ecosystem, making visitors safari experience very unique. Dinner and overnight will be at Old Msembe Bandas.
Meals Plan: Lunch & Dinner
Day 2: Ruaha National Park Full Day
Today we will have full day game viewing drive in the park with bush picnic lunch. The Great Ruaha River as other rivers like Mwagusi, Jongomero and Mzombe save as the life line of the park. During dry season, these rivers become mostly the main source of water for wildlife. There are few natural springs saving the same purpose. In the pick of dry season, elephants obtain water from dry sand rivers using their front feet and trunks. The remaining waterfalls along the Great Ruaha River are also important habitat for hippopotamus, fish and crocodiles. Dinner and overnight will be at Old Msembe Bandas.
Meals Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 3: Ruaha National Park/Dar es Salaam
After breakfast another game viewing drive in the reserve, lunch at the banda. In the afternoon transfer back to Iringa Town.
Meals Plan: Breakfast & Lunch
$685 USD per person minimum 2 people
$590 USD per person minimum 4+ people
• Pick /drop ex airport/seaport or hotel before and after the trip
• Park entrance fees into the game reserve
• Accommodation and meals as per itinerary
• The services of our knowledgeable English speaking driver/guide
• Game drives and activities as per itinerary
• Safari transport by 4 x 4 (8 seat) with a roof hatch that pop up to enable easy game viewing and photography
• Group size is 5 participants on private.
• Items of a personal nature e.g. laundry, telephone bills
• Alcoholic and other beverages etc,
• Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
• Local/International flights
• Airport Departure Tax
• Travel/flying doctors rescue services
• Tips to your staff (Highly recommended)
- • Personal and baggage insurance