- • School visits
- • Lake Bunyonyi
- • Punishment Island
- • Sports Day
Itinerary 14 days/13 nights
Arrival at the Entebbe Airport/ Kigali Airport. Stay at a hotel Entebbe or Kampala/ Kigali.
Travel to Kabale through the lush hills of Kigezi; lunch at the hotel. We spend the whole evening on preparations for the next couple of weeks’ program.
Day 3 – 7
School visits (out of the daily school curricular)
Visit 3 local schools; teach, learn and fun!
• Help in formation and strengthening of environmental clubs / associations at school
• School gardening activities; compound design and tree planting
• Personal hygiene (for the girl child) and health and sanitation
• Diet and nutrition lectures
• Carrier guidance sessions
• Conducting Physical Exercise (PE) sessions and officiating sports activities; formation of sports clubs
Whole day at Lake Bunyonyi; you can choose among the various activities. The activities include canoeing, birding, cycling, and sun bathing, community walk, swimming and fishing. You will get a chance to visit the ‘Punishment Island’
• Sanitation in the homesteads and personal hygiene discussions; role playing sessions
• Extensive home gardening and vegetable growing for sale and home consumption
• Cuisine, diet and nutrition sessions
• Enterprise development for a sustainable income to support the family
• Environmental conservation: agro forestry activities, helping in the apiary
Day 13: Sports Day
Organize for a sports day and a farewell match between the locals and volunteers. Later in the evening join and enjoy the camp fire!
Travel back to Entebbe or Kigali Airport.